Our dinghy sailing program offers access to competitively train in 420’s and FJ’s. The Varsity Sailors are treated like any other varsity team at the College with mandatory team workouts, practice and other varsity athlete responsibilities like maintaining an exceptional GPA. Sailors are expected to compete all year, both in the Fall and Spring seasons. Benefits include preferred status when registering for classes, academic support through the athletic department, access to personal trainers for fitness and injury and a fully funded travel and training budget. Our governing body is the Inter-Collegiate Sailing Association; our district within the ICSA is the South Atlantic Intercollegiate Sailing Association (SAISA). Please email Head Coach Ward Cromwell or Director Kevin Jewett if you would like set up a visit and or learn more about the program. Those inquiring are encouraged to send a sailing resume with their correspondence.
- Sports performance Team Workouts every Tuesday and Thursday
- Sports Medicine Sick call, rehab, drug testing
- Academic Services study hall, advising, tutoring, early class registration
- Compete with top-tier athletes
- 24 National Champions:
- Coed Dinghies: 6
- Coed Women’s: 1
- Team Race: 3
- Men’s Singles: 7
- Women’s Singles: 1
- Match Race/Sloop: 6
- 8 Fowle Trophies
- 192 All Americans in program history
- 55 – 60 competitive events per year
- One of the most vigorous schedules in the country.